The Way Ahead
The Way Ahead is an annual event that brings together representatives from groups and branches across the UK and Channel Islands, along with professionals with an active interest in the work of Headway to enjoy a weekend of learning, sharing and socialising in a relaxing and welcoming environment.
The Way Ahead 2018
29 June - 1 July 2018
Following excellent feedback from this year's conference we are pleased to confirm that The Way Ahead will be returning to the Yarnfield Park Training and Conference Centre in 2018.
More information regarding next year's event will follow in due course.
Information on exhibiting at the conference can be found on the following link The Way Ahead Exhibition Opportunities
If you have any comments regarding The Way Ahead or suggestions for future speakers, workshops, therapies and activities then please complete and submit the feedback form below.
The Way Ahead 2017
We had four excellent speakers on the day covering a range of topics, they included:
- Headway Somerset safeguarding (PPT) - Alyson Norman, Trustee, Headway Somerset
- Managing risk in brain injury (PPT) - Dr Bruce Moore, Consultant Neuropsychiatrist
- Brain injury and crime - Dr Ivan Pitman, Consultant Neuropsychologist
- A new me (PPT) - Luke Griggs, Director of Communications, Headway UK
At this years Way Ahead we had a range of workshops covering a variety topics such as relationships, cyber security and social media. Presentation and handouts from the workshops can be download by clicking the links below:
- Childhood ABI and the path to adulthood
- Data Security, not my problem... Or is it?
- Developing a social media strategy
- Introduction to motivational interviewing
- Neuro Hypnotherapy - The 3 breath technique
- Introducing the Outcomes Star
- Relationships after brain injury - service users
- Relationships after brain injury - staff
- Retail workshop
- Suicide Intervention
- The power of social media